Carrollton First United Methodist Church has an opening for a Director of Communications. This position is 30 hours per week with some night and weekend hours expected for events. This position will develop, design, organize, implement and analyze the activities associated with all external and internal communications. As a senior staff member, YOU WILL BE responsible for promoting a Christian atmosphere while developing and fostering effective working relationships with staff/non-staff workers, church congregation and community members. The staff member will also Partner with all areas of ministry and laity to achieve organizational goals. Applicants should send resume and cover letter with three references to email@example.com , Attn: SPPRC by July 1, 2019.
Overview of Position: Responsible for visioning, planning, scheduling and coordinating all church communications within and outside the church; update and maintain the website; publish weekly Email Blast and monthly online newsletter; manage social media; communicate regularly with ministry leaders to produce all advertising and evangelism tools; oversee the events on the outside digital sign; oversee the input of all data for the bulletin; create and maintain a church app; provide training of new communication tools to staff and ministry leaders; promote the use of communication technology by our congregation; prepare slides for use at all worship services; oversee lighting at The Bridge; oversee livestreaming; prepare copies of DVD’s as requested; communicate to local media outlets all upcoming events and pertinent information; prepare videos to be used during worship and via internet; Address any problems with technology within 24 hrs.; serve as the primary resource for computer network and video projection equipment; suggest equipment replacement schedule; ensure back up of all computers.
- Work experience in communication information, news and events preferred
- Demonstrate experience in planning, organizing and delegating projects, events and activities
- Have competency in computer hardware and software programs including webpage design, Social Media, Publisher, Photoshop, InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, ProPresenter and photo editing
- Have a working knowledge of computers, computer systems and computer application with the ability to troubleshoot many common computer system issues
- Have the ability to be proactive in foreseeing problems and to make improvements and/or solutions to computer systems
- Must pass background check and the Child Protection Policy set forth by Carrollton First UMC.
- A Christ-like spirit of acceptance, warmth and conviction which includes a consistent devotional life
- Positive attitude and ability to build relationships with a multi-generational and diverse congregation
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the United Methodist history and theology
- Responsible for visioning, planning, scheduling and coordinating all church communications within and outside the church
- Update and maintain the website ensuring user-friendly layout, upbeat contemporary look, current & accurate information, capacity to sign up for events and capacity to use online giving
- Publish weekly Email Blasts and a monthly online newsletter
- Manage and maintain a Facebook page which includes daily reviews of entries; and utilize latest social media to communicate with the congregation and community
- Communicate regularly with ministry leaders to produce all advertising and evangelism tools to effectively share information with congregation and the wider community
- Oversee the communication of events on the outside digital sign
- Oversee the input of all data for the bulletin as well as the continuous refinement of it
- Promote the use of communication technology by our congregation in various capacities such as small group sign up, Sunday morning slide, parent check-in of children, various online tools for communications, etc.
- Develop a communication team to assist with overall communication
- Implement new, innovative and cutting-edge communication resources and provide training of new communication tools for staff and ministry leaders
- Regularly attend worship services to learn and share the culture of Carrollton First UMC through the various communication avenues
- Address any problems with technology within 24 hrs.
- Serve as the primary resource for issues and concerns about the computer network and video projection equipment
- Suggest equipment replacement schedule, ensure back-up of all computers and maintain records and service contracts
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor and Senior Pastor
- The Sr. Pastor will provide direct supervision
- The employment of the Director of Communication/Computer Coordinator is the responsibility of the Staff Parish Relations Committee