Carrollton First United Methodist Church is seeking qualified nursery workers to serve during our Sunday services and possibly at other times. We are looking to hire several different workers to cover both our worship locations. Applicants should be at least 18 years old with a desire to work with and have experience with infants and toddlers. Background checks will be made on all candidates for the position. Applicants should send resume and cover letter with three references Attn: SPPRC to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2019.
Purpose: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at our Church, ages 0-4 years in a clean environment.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer. Universal precautions should always be used while changing diapers or time of body fluids.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Child care hours include every Sunday 8 am- noon at YBC and 9:45-11:15 at The Bridge. You are expected to work all Sundays even if it falls on a holiday. There will be other special services requiring your time as well such as: Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve. Others may be added as church calendar is developed each year.
- You will have the option to possibly work other church events, i.e. Vacation Bible School, FLAME, etc.
- You are required to stay until the children are picked up by a responsible adult named on the child’s registration/sign in form.
- In the event of an emergency notify the parent via the communication system in place at that time. (Cell phone, pager, security runner, etc.).
- Find one additional volunteer to work with you each Sunday to maintain the 2 person per class requirement. Volunteers must be background checked and have completed Child Protection Policy.
- Attend an evaluation after a 90 day probationary period and thereafter annually.
- Report to the SPPRC Chair any issues which are hindering the carry out of the duties or responsibilities.
- Communicate in advance, by phone to the SPPRC Chair: 1) any planned absences with an advance three week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 4 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities a plus.
- At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check and possible drug screening
- Must present the results of a current (within 1 year) Tuberculin, Dtap and other current immunizations.
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children. Employee’s responsibility to find/attend the training.
- Must adhere to Carrollton First United Methodist Church Child Protection Policy Guidelines.
- There will be a 90 day probationary period where either party may terminate employment without cause. Beyond this is a two week notice is expected.
- Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive absences cannot be tolerated and will result in termination of employment. Immediate termination will occur in cases of intentional verbal, physical, or emotional abuse or neglect of any child, parent, or church member. Termination may occur for failure to carry out job duties as described above or failure to comply with the “First United Methodist: Child Protection Policy”.